Steps to follow when using the dishwasher for the first time
Using the dishwasher while saving energy:When using a dishwasher, the first thing to think about is energy consumption and how to save money.
- The first tip is to rinse the dishes under the water jet and let particularly oily and encrusted pans soak for a while before placing them in the dishwasher. In this way, you can reduce the amount of detergent to be used, benefiting the environment and the wallet. Also, you will avoid the pre-wash function and can wash at low temperature, which results in lower electricity consumption. A temperature of 45 ° is sufficient.
- if your dishwasher has a drying function, useful for drying dishes in seconds, you may not use it every cycle. When you have time, you can open the door at the end of the wash to air dry the dishes.
- Another tip that you should know when starting to use the dishwasher is to always use the dishwasher with a full load so that you don't waste water, detergent and energy on just a few drinks.
Choose the correct cycle:Using the dishwasher for the first time means you may not be sure how to choose the right cycle. You will see that there is a button or a dial with several wash cycles, defined according to the needs and specific cases of each wash. So let's see what the cycles are and what they are used for:
- The soak cycle is intended to remove food residue from dishes that we put in the dishwasher before washing. But, as we said, it should be avoided as much as possible to use it to limit energy consumption.
- The short cycle can only be used for lightly soiled dishes, glasses, cutlery and saucepans which are neither greasy nor encrusted.
- The ecological cycle is also recommended when the dishes are not too dirty, because the washing is carried out at a lower temperature than a normal cycle.
- The energy cycle, when present, is on the contrary a washing at high temperature, generally around 70 °, and should only be chosen in the case of greased and flooded plates.
- Dry cycles are generally provided but, as we said, it would be best to avoid them to reduce energy consumption. There is no need to dry dishes when you can just open the door and wait for it to air dry, as the old ways teach.
- Finally, in most cases, the dishwasher is equipped with functions that allow you to program the washing at a specific time.
How to load the dishwasher:You should also know that not all dishes can be washed in the dishwasher. Some examples? Wood, hand-decorated porcelain, ceramics, aluminum, iron and lacquered metals should not be put in the dishwasher, as well as delicate or patterned dishes that could be damaged.
With that said, let's take a look at some general rules for properly loading the dishwasher.
- Badly arranged crockery can be damaged and poorly cleaned: the very shape of the dishwasher suggests the positioning of the different parts. It is recommended to store glasses and cups on the upper level.
- Of course, they should be placed upside down to avoid filling with water. The same rule applies to pots and pans, which should usually be stored in the lower level.
- It is important not to put the pieces together, otherwise they cannot be cleaned well. Leave a space between the most delicate pieces to avoid impact and possible breakage.
- Finally, pay attention to the materials. Avoid, for example, placing plastic containers near the heating elements, as they may melt.
Routine Dishwasher Care:To ensure proper functioning and a long life of the dishwasher, it is also necessary to carry out constant maintenance from day one, in addition to observing certain safety rules.
- Before installing the dishwasher, certain conditions must be met, such as proper grounding and that the exhaust pipe is not kinked or compressed at any point.
- Avoid using adapters for outlets.
- As a routine maintenance, there is the cleaning of the filter, in case it is not self-cleaning.
- To prevent lime build-up
, we are specialists in the liquidation of the best brands of household appliances such as,
etc. Our range includes
, and more.
It is authorized by distributors to sell new unpacked products, products with slight imperfections, refurbished products as well as end of series and surplus stock. All our products are 100% guaranteed parts and labor for 1 year with the possibility of extension. We offer discounts between 25% and 50% off the store retail price.